Hohenheim Palace

Mighty Hohenheim Palace was built by order of Duke Carl Eugen von Württemberg on the Southern outskirts of the city in the Filder area in the 18th Century on the foundations of a former moated fortress. Bordered by parks and exotic gardens, it was used from 1818 onwards as an agricultural academy, which in 1904 became the Agricultural College.The palace in which the Duke and his wife Franziska von Hohenheim once lived has been a part of the renowned University of Hohenheim since 1967.

Hohenheim Palace from the SouthVergrößern
Hohenheim Palace from the South. Photo: University of Hohenheim

More information