Zentrum für Energieforschung Stuttgart e.V.
The Zentrum für Energieforschung Stuttgart (ZfES) is an interdisciplinary platform for research and development of innovative, ground breaking energy conversion technologies and the rational, environmentally compatible, safe and efficient use of energy.
Various college institutes and also off-campus research institutions from the Stuttgart region, which are active in the energy related sector, cooperate in the ZfES
The centre was established in 2002 and has ten members today.
Targets of the Zentrum für Energieforschung
- Research and development for innovative, ground breaking energy conversion and the rational, environmentally compatible, safe and efficient use of energy.
- Integrated monitoring and evaluation of technical facilities taking into consideration the associations between nature, technology, ecology and economics.
- Problem solving for energy related questions in practice.
- Quality assurance and improvement of the energy related research.
Tasks of the Zentrum für Energieforschung
- To support the organisation of interdisciplinary cooperation,
- To provide industry and the public sector a cooperation platform for current subject areas concerning energy supply,
- To create concepts for research projects and to implement research projects,
- To support technology and know-how transfer,
- To support young scientists and further education in the sciences.